By Helene Fung
The WA Police has made two significant drug seizures yesterday (31st January 2019), in High Wycombe and Golden Bay respectively.
A 20-year-old man from High Wycombe was driving in Rivervale at 11am yesterday, and was stopped by the police, and allegedly found in possession of $689,860 in cash. He has been charged with Possession of Stolen or Unlawfully Obtained Property (Cash).
A search warrant was subsequently executed at a residence in Koongee Cross, High Wycombe. Detectives from Meth Enforcement Taskforce alleged that just over 8.4kg of Methylamphetamine and $809,950 cash have been found at the premises.
A 22-year-old High Wycombe man, who resides at the residence, was arrested, and has been charged with Possess a Prohibited Drug with Intent to Sell or Supply (Methylamphetamine), and Possession of Stolen or Unlawfully Obtained Property (Cash)
Meanwhile, Organized Crime Squad detectives executed two search warrants at about 5pm yesterday in Golden Bay, one in Arizona Parade and the other in Bullardoo Way. They alleged that just over 1.79kg of Methylamphetamine, 142g of MDMA, $33,900 cash, steroids and two firearms have been found in the Arizona Parade residence; and $49,500 cash and other items of interest were found at the Bullardoo Way residence.
A 27-year-old man from Golden Bay has been charged with multiple offences:
– Possess a Prohibited Drug with Intent to Sell or Supply (Methylamphetamine)
– Possess a Prohibited Drug with Intent to Sell or Supply (MDMA)
– Possess a Prohibited drug (Steroids)
– 2 x Possess Firearm in Circumstances of Aggravation
– Having Ready Access to Both Weapons and Illegal Drugs
– Unlicensed Person Possess Firearm/Ammunition
– Possession of Stolen or Unlawfully Obtained Property ($33,900 cash).
Several other people were also charged as part of the operation.