Police patrolling in the Maddington area last night observed a suspicious Nissan Pulsar on Gosnells Road West.
It will be alleged that the vehicle had two different registration plates displayed, and when police activated emergency lights and sirens the vehicle accelerated away.
After travelling through several streets, the vehicle experienced apparent mechanical malfunctions and came to a stop on Apley Street.
The man ran from the vehicle, and was then apprehended by police.
A 37 year old man from Mount Nasara has been charged with the following offences:
– Driver of a Vehicle Failed to Comply with a Direction to Stop (Circumstance of Aggravation)
– Reckless Driving to Escape Pursuit by Police
– No Authority to Drive (Fines Suspended)
– Drove/Caused/Permitted a Vehicle with a Forged/Replica/False Plate to be Driven on a Road
– Used an Unlicensed Vehicle on a Road
The man is due to appear in Armadale Magistrates Court on Friday 3rd August.