An ongoing police investigation undertaken by Taskforce Mirzam, is investigating the sexual abuse of 5 children, after a recording device was found by a member of the public containing videos showing both adults, both male and female, engaging in sexual acts with a young girl.
Today, Taskforce Mirzam detectives have laid further charges against a 39 year old woman, totalling 81 child sex abuse offences.
It will be alleged that the woman sexually assaulted her biological daughter, son, and a 14 year old girl, between 2011 and 2016.
The 81 charges include:
– 50 counts of Indecent Dealing of a Child under 13 years by a Lineal/Relative
– Seven counts of Sexual Penetration of a Child under 13 years by a Lineal/Relative
– Seven counts of Sexual Penetration of a Child Over 13 years and under 16 years
– Four counts of Encourage Sexual Behaviour
– Three counts of Stupefy to Commit an Indictable Offence
– Three counts of Indecent Dealing of a Child under 16 years
– Two counts of Indecently Record a Child under 13 years
– Two counts of Fail to Protect Children from Harm
– One count of Cause, Permit, or Seek to Induce Child to act as a Prostitute
– One count of Obtain Payment for Prostitution by a Child
– One count of Persistent Sexual Conduct
The woman has been refused bail and is due to appear before the Perth Magistrates Court tomorrow, April 7th.
Taskforce Mirzam is an ongoing investigation and further arrests and charges are anticipated.
Detectives urge anyone with any information to call Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000 or make a report online at www.crimestopperswa.com.au. Callers may remain anonymous if they wish.
If you are or have been a victim of sexual abuse, or if you have information about someone being abused, contact police on 131 444.