Northam Detectives and Gang Crime Squad have charged a man and woman over firearm and drug offences.
Yesterday around 9:40am in Pinjarra, Police conducted a traffic stop of a vehicle driven by a man.
It will be alleged an amount of prohibited drugs were located on him, with a subsequent search of the vehicle locating a number of firearm related items.
A residential premises in Beverley was then searched, with Police locating a large quantity of ammunition, firearm mechanisms, items consistent with the manufacture of firearms, as well as prohibited drugs.
a 49 year old man from Beverley has been charged with the following offences:
– 2 x Unlicensed Person possess Firearm/Ammunition
– 2 x Unlicensed Manufacture of Firearms/Ammunition
– Possess a prohibited drug (Methyl Amphetamine)
– Threats with intent influence
He is appearing in Perth Magistrates Court today.
A 51 year old woman from Beverley has also been charged with the following offences:
– Possess a prohibit drug (Cannabis)
– Possess drug paraphernalia
The woman will appear in court at a later date.